Pitch Wars is a way to give back by spending time and energy in taking in a new author to give them a super boost. For me, it's adding positivity and a seasoned hand to someone else, to help build the encouraging writing community. For possible mentees, it's a way for them to connect with agented/published/experienced writers and get a polished ms and pitch. Pitch Wars has resulted in many authors signing with agents. And when this happens, trust me, we ALL rejoice! Many of those authors went on to book deals, and again, we celebrate! We celebrate over everything, actually. That's the fun thing.
If you're an aspiring author, get your ms ready and prepare to fill out your application because you'll have loads of great mentors to choose from! There will be a category for each age group: MG, YA, and Adult. Genres and other information will be announced later, but so far, this is our schedule:
- July 20 – 3: Mentor Bio/Wishlist Blog Hop
- August 3: Writers submit applications to mentors for Pitch Wars
- August 3 – August 24: Pitch Wars mentors review applications and choose a writer to mentor.
- August 25: Pitch War mentees are announced.
- August 25 – October 31: Mentors work with their team.
- November 3 – 9: Agent round
For more information, please visit Brenda Drake's blog. I look forward to seeing your applications!!